The Mitsubishi XD700U DLP 3D Projector is a high-brightness portable DLP projector with a native resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels and a light output of 5000 ANSI lumens. When connected to a local area network, up to four computers can feed the projector simultaneously, each displayed in a quadrant. The projector is designed for educators and business professionals who need an exceptionally bright projector that is easy to set up. With manual vertical lens shift, users can place the projector on top of a desk or table, make quick and simple adjustments, and project a high-quality image on a screen or lightly-colored wall.
Mitsubishi provides user-selectable options for brightness: a standby mode which uses less than .05 watts of power under certain operating conditions and an auto-off function that reduces needless power consumption.
The projector offers HDMI support as well as easy set-up options for multiple video inputs. An RS232 serial connector and a built-in RJ45 input offer plug-and-play connectivity with third-party remote management products such as those made by Crestron and AMX.
Users do not need a computer to connect to the projector. They can simply convert their presentations into PTG or JPEG files, save them on a USB flash drive, plug the flash drive into the USB port for computer-free connection and present directly from the projector. Wi-Fi support is also available for quick connection and operation using an optional USB Wi-Fi adapter.
The projector contains an audio mixer for simultaneously playing audio from two sources such as a computer and a wireless microphone. With this “Audio Mix” feature, users can adjust the volume levels of each input for its built-in speaker. With the projectors in this configuration, an instructor or presenter can interject key points during a presentation and still be heard over the video.
- DLP Technology
- The picture is created from a Texas Instruments Digital Light Processor. The projector boasts a native 3000:1 contrast ratio for darker blacks and incorporates Mitsubishi Electric’s filter-free technology with its quasi-sealed design that helps prevent dust accumulation.
- Meant for higher education or corporate applications, images can be rendered in 3D. The extra dimension is useful in viewing scientific, architectural and engineering imagery. The 3D video content must be in field sequential format. A high-end graphics card and electronic shutter glasses are required.
- USB Display
- You can connect the projector to a PC via a USB cable, eliminating the need for a VGA cable.
- LAN Display
- For displaying images via a LAN, up to four computers can be connected to one projector. The projection screen can be divided into quarters, reproducing all computer screens simultaneously.
- PC-less Presentations
- You can eliminate the PC entirely by plugging in a USB storage device. The projector supports JPEG images or PowerPoint slides converted to PTG files.
- Wireless Compatibility
- Wireless presentations are possible when the projector is used with an optional wireless dongle (not included).
- HDMI Input
- The projector’s HDMI input can be used with a variety of source components from Blu-ray Disc players and cable TV boxes to computers.
- Visual Public Address.
- Instantly broadcast news and important messages to all classrooms at once through a simple interface that accommodates messages up to 350 characters.
- RJ-45 Ethernet Port
- The built-in Ethernet port supports remote management and control.
- Wall Screen Support
- You’ll have the ability to project images on color backgrounds such as beige, light blue, light green, pink, blackboard and whiteboard. The projector automatically adjusts for color tone.
- Anti-theft Security Hook
- Unauthorized removal of the projector is stymied by the built-in security hook.
- Closed Captioning Support
- A built-in decoder can be turned on to display text embedded in a TV program.
- Audio Mixer
- The projector is equipped with an audio mixer so, for instance, a presenter can be properly heard while talking over a recorded sound track.